Monday, May 9, 2011

37 weeks

I'll be 37 weeks in two days.
I'm saying I'm 37 weeks!

The last week or so has been the longest of my life!!
I swear I've been 37 weeks for a month!
haha.
I don't think I would feel this way if my little girl wasn't such a tease!

Let me explain.

Last Tuesday,
I was 35, almost 36 weeks.
Working at the hospital, I know that if a baby is born at 36 weeks, they are most likely going to be healthy and not have to go to the NICU.

So when I discovered that my Mucus plug came out on Tuesday,
I was really excited.
(if this is TMI for you, I am sorry. I work at the hospital and this is normal language I use everyday! haha)

From what I've HEARD,
when your mucus plug comes out,
you will be having the baby within the next few days.

Well,
I was REALLY excited and began preparing the final touches for Kalista to come.
Then the next day,
I went to work and when I got off at 7,
I met my sisters and aunt at a place called Firehouse pizza in Centerville.

My aunt lives in Farmington and when we finished dinner,
my sister BreeAnn and I decided to walk the 4 miles back to my aunts house.
BreeAnn is going to visit her husband who is out of town for work next week and wants the baby to be born before then! haha

So I was pretty much planning on her coming by the weekend.
The next day, we walked again to the nail salon to get a pedicure.

I probably walked a total of 6 miles in those two days.
My Dr appointment was on Friday.

I was dilated to a 1+ on sunday.
My Dr told me that I had not changed when I went in for my appointment on Friday.

WHAT!? You mean those 6+ miles I walked and my mucus plug coming out did nothing!??!
I was not happy.

My dr. told me that my mucus plug coming out means my body is preparing and moving in the right direction, but it doesn't guarantee that I will go into labor soon.

I was extremely disappointed.
and even more disappointed when I went to schedule an induction date and they told me that they were full until June 1st.

I cried when we left.
ha I was not happy!

I wasn't even 37 weeks here, but because my baby likes to tease me, I was thinking she was coming soon!!

Anyway, here's my [almost] 37 week picture

I'm SO big! I feel like this baby is going to be 20 pounds!
haha good thing Tyson was making me laugh during this picture...

****

Mothers day was yesterday!
First mothers day that I've been actually able to call myself a MOM!

I worked from 7am-3pm So Tyson gave me my gift on Saturday night.
It was highly unexpected!

I had just gotten home from a baby shower that my Sister and Aunt threw for me,
and Tyson asked me if I wanted to go on a walk.

OF COURSE I DID!
It was a beautiful day on Saturday.

So we went for a walk and I wanted to stop and cuddle with him at the park by our house.
So we went and sat on the hill and were talking.
He brought up mothers day and said
"I wish you didn't work tomorrow. But since you do, I want to give you your present early"
and he pulled out a little box.

I was so excited and almost started crying when I opened it and there was this GORGROUS  necklace inside:


This is seriously the best picture I could get.
I think it's to sparkly to get a good picture.
It's SOOOO much prettier than the picture.

I love him.

It was a really good mothers day!
Especially because I didn't have to work ALL DAY (until 7), like normal.

Happy Mothers Day to all of you mommys!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the beautiful little one!! And That necklace is so cute!! I LOVE IT! And Kali is so cute

    ReplyDelete